International Compliance Manager
Manager: Jasmine Harber
Lovehoney is the largest online sex toy retailer in the UK - its also the most exciting! We are growing rapidly internationally as a retailer, manufacturer and distributor of sexual wellbeing products. With over 200,000 online reviews of our products we are being talked about! Do you want to be part of this amazing business which aims to deliver sexual happiness to millions of people
We are looking for a Compliance Manager to join the Lovehoney team. This is a highly varied role and will suit a highly motivated, innovative individual with a proven record of implementing change who is looking for their next challenge
If you are 18 or above please email your CV email@example.com ensuring the following:
- Outline why you want to work for us
- Confirm you have the right to work in the UK and disclose if you have any criminal convictions
If you want to know more about the specifics then keep reading….
Responsibilities will include:
- Embedding a positive, first class Health & Safety culture across all Lovehoney sites
- Reviewing health and safety policies and procedures and implementing changes where required
- Managing audits and inspections of sites and acting as point of escalation for any incident investigations
- Pro-active management of facilities across all sites (including sites outside of the UK)
- Accountable for ensuring all risk assessments and method statements are performed appropriately and corrective actions implemented where required
- Managing and reviewing maintenance budget and all facilities contracts, demonstrating strong supplier mgt skills
- Leading Health & Safety committee, including preparation of quarterly reports to the board
- Working with product development team to understand compliance implications such as storage and shipping of specific battery types
- Ensuring company is compliant with recycling legislation such as WEEE (support and development will be provided in this area if required)
- Active part of management team, contributing to making Lovehoney a fun and fulfilling place to work
- Be seen as the ‘expert’ in all areas of workplace and operational compliance
Essential Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven health, safety and environment experience
- Knowledge of recycling legislation would be beneficial
- Ability to interpret and act upon relevant new legal/regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- A NEBOSH Fire Certificate (or equivalent) would be beneficial
- Ideally graduate membership of IOSH or IEMA
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced organisation meeting challenging deadlines and making sound decisions
- Pro-active and continuous improvement focussed
- Highly pragmatic but ensuring any risks minimised
- Highly motivated and innovative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a small team and influence stakeholders across the business to mitigate physical risks to the business.
Freight & Supply Chain Coordinator – USA Based
Location: Atlanta, College Park, GA 30349
Department: Product Team
Manager: Logistics Manager (UK)
Hours: 38 hours per week
Salary: Circa $31-33K per annum
Lovehoney is the largest online sex toy retailer in the UK - it’s also the most exciting! We are growing rapidly internationally as a retailer, manufacturer and distributor of sexual wellbeing products. Lovehoney has nine websites served by three regional distribution centers in the UK, USA and Australia. Selling over 5000 different products, sourced from over 250 different suppliers spread across the UK, Europe, USA and Far East. With nearly 200,000 online reviews of our products we are being talked about! Do you want to be part of this amazing business which aims to deliver sexual happiness to millions of people?
We have recently expanded our USA operation and launched a dedicated fulfilment center.
We are looking for a Freight and Supply Chain Coordinator to manage the delivery of all stock, from suppliers based in either the USA or internationally, ensuring that the stock moves efficiently. You will arrange and monitor all stock arriving into the DC and organizing the dispatch of Trade orders. Within an average week you will be overseeing all supplier deliveries, stock transfers, stock issues and undertaking general product management. You will also need to produce regular reports as required back into the wider Logistics team and UK management structure.
You will have support from the wider teams as you will be working closely with the existing staff at the Atlanta facility, the stock allocator and the warehouse team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, working in a fast paced environment.
This role will see you liaising with people in different time zones so its key that you are flexible in approach and style to meet the various region’s needs.
If you are passionate about logistics and stock and want to be empowered to deliver exceptional operational activity, then this is the role for you.
Lovehoney is not your average company and although we do offer a competitive salary, bonus opportunity and benefits we also offer some more ‘unique’ perks such as 2 free products per month, a fun and friendly culture and lots of social activities.
If you are 18 or over please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - please ensure that you state why you want to work for us, confirm you have the right to work in the UK and disclose if you have any criminal convictions.
If you want to know more about the specifics, then keep reading.
- Key responsibility managing imports, coordinating arrival, customs clearance and final delivery with the freight forwarders
- Key responsibility managing delivery of orders from suppliers based in the USA
- Key responsibility organizing dispatch of Trade orders to customers based in the USA and internationally
- Setting and updating system information, ensuring information is accurate at all times
- Following up on late deliveries, shortages and damaged deliveries
- Liaising with the regional Buyer, Stock Allocator and Warehouse team ensuring deadlines are met, notifying them of any issues or delays with stock
- Liaise with the Stock Management team to ensure that product split’s are ready in advance of PO’s moving
- Supporting the Stock Management team in maintaining accurate stock inventory
- Maintain and develop existing supplier relations, plus establish new suppliers as the demands of the business requires
- Negotiate costs with suppliers for the movement of freight
- Action the most efficient and cost effective way to move stock to meet deadline
- Liaise daily with suppliers ensuring the smooth movement of stock
- Work with suppliers, buyers and warehouse ensuring compliance of logistics procedures
- Checking supplier invoices, querying where appropriate, passing invoices in a timely manner as per agreed terms
- Work with our UK and Australia teams, supporting the movement and accurate record of stock
As a successful applicant you will have:
- A love of logistics is a must
- Experience within a logistics, freight or supply chain role is required
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs and Border procedures and regulations
- Understanding of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Knowledge of restrictions on shipping certain types of products, particularly those containing batteries
- Organizational skills including the proven ability to work within tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Capacity to work flexibly and as part of a team, using your own initiative
- Self motivated, proactive, ability to work effectively under your own autonomy
- Professional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with suppliers
- Excellent IT skills including experience using database systems
- Strong attention to detail essential