* Half of couples (52%) are happy with that duration but sex is over too soon for 23% of men and 15% of women;
* Couples make do with a 'quickie' 21% of the time they have sex;
* A shared orgasm, where both partners climax together, happens around a third of the time;
* Three-quarters of men (75%) climax almost every time they have sex compared to only 28% of women;
* Results are from a new survey of 4,400 people by Lovehoney, Britain's biggest online sex toy retailer, for its Mind The Gap campaign to help more couples achieve shared orgasms
The Bath Comedy Festival and Visit Bath are 'buzzing' after announcing their sponsorship collaboration with Lovehoney, the UK's largest online sex toy retailer.
Paul Merton, Barry Cryer and Arthur Smith are all appearing at the festival which kicks off on April Fools' Day (April 1) and runs for 17 days in venues all across the stunning, historic city.
Smith has described the annual celebration as the 'best comedy festival in England.'
Lovehoney has lots of rib-tickling surprises for festival goers, including a 'Butt of All Jokes' Twitter competition that offers a year's supply of lubricant and a unique dildo trophy to the winner.
Lovehoney, the online sex toy retailer, has seen sales of spreader bars rocket after the much anticipated Fifty Shades Darker was premiered at the end of last week.
Over the weekend prior to Valentine's Day, sales across Lovehoney's seven websites have increased by 221%.
Alice Little, Head of Online Trading, commented:
"We were beyond excited to see the film and we were all on tenterhooks to see what Christian was going to whip out this time round.
London - The UK's biggest and most famous sex toy store, Harmony on Oxford Street, has reported an uplift in footfall since the launch of their Fifty Shades Darker window display.
The display was designed in house by the Lovehoney team and the project was spearheaded by Laura Wood, Lovehoney Sales Consultant. Entitled 'Masquerade Ball' the scene depicts two mysterious figures dancing by the light of a chandelier.
The haunting scene is reminiscent of scenes from the soon-to-be-released Fifty Shades Darker movie.
The Lovehoney team has returned from LA triumphant having won Best Online Retailer - Pleasure Products at the hottest industry bash of the year.
The XBIZ Awards honor the very best in the business of sex and the ballroom of the Westin Bonaventura Hotel in Los Angeles was packed out with the adult industry's finest.
Adult film legend Ron Jeremy featured as master of ceremonies for the red-carpet gala.
A star-studded affair that attracts the best-of-the-best, the XBIZ Awards are celebrating their 15th anniversary in 2017 - as is Lovehoney.
The awards recognise outstanding achievements across every facet of the multibillion-dollar business, including movie production, pleasure products, technology and retail.
An impressive line-up of high profile comedy stars will take to the stage on January 21 2017 to raise vital funds for Brook, the UK’s leading sexual health and wellbeing charity for young people.
- The new collection has been released having been approved last year
- Fans are promised 'weapons grade' orgasms with new Bomber & Orgasmatron products featuring Motörhead's famous logo
- The new collection featuring the Orgasmatron rockers' iconic logo has been released after 12 months as the second stage in the band's collaboration with Lovehoney
- The first range of products quickly sold-out, and this fresh batch serve as a sexy souvenir reminder that Motörhead will eternally rock your world
The range has been developed with Lovehoney, one of the world's biggest sex toy brands.
- Pre-tax profit increased 68% from £3.1 million to £5.1 million
- 29% upsurge in global sales from £45 million to £58 million
- The global market for 'sexual wellbeing' is estimated to be worth $8 billion and predicted to reach $20 billion by 2025
Bath, 22 November 2016: International online sex toy retailer, Lovehoney Group, has announced its 2016 business results, reporting a 68% rise in profit before tax in the last year, increasing from £3.1 million to £5.1 million. The Bath-based firm, founded in 2002, achieved an annual global turnover of £58 million, a 29% increase on 2015.
Resources have been directed towards expansion into new international markets which has included the rollout of international websites. Lovehoney's international growth story prompted the ecommerce business' receipt of the Queen's Award for Enterprise in International Trade in 2016.
Lovehoney launched the official range of Fifty Shades of Grey - the multi-million dollar franchise - merchandise after securing the rights to do so in 2012. The launch in July 2015 prompted an international surge in sales for primarily first-time buyers of sex toys and accessories. Next year, Lovehoney will be launching two new product ranges to coincide with the release of the Fifty Shades Darker film on Valentine's Day 2017. The trailer to E.L. James' new movie attracted 114 million views within the first 24 hours of release, overtaking Star Wars: The Force Awakens' previous record.
No more silent nights with the ultimate erotic festive gift for couples
* Sex toy retailer Lovehoney's ultra-luxurious Big Box of Sexual Happiness is packed with sex toys, bondage gear and cheeky items worth over £240 for half the price at £120
* Sequence of 24 gifts carefully choreographed to build up erotic tension for a mind-blowing finale on Christmas Eve;
* Box includes a limited edition of the Lovehoney Desire Clitoral Vibrator* - voted the World's Best Vibrator by the Good Housekeeping Institute*
A sexy Advent Calendar has been created for couples. Packed with over £240 of erotic goodies, the Big Box of Sexual Happiness is a bumper box that includes the award-winning Lovehoney Desire Clitoral Vibrator, which normally retails at £49.99 on its own.
Lovehoney is selling the Big Box of Sexual Happiness, featuring sex toys, bondage gear and cheeky items like nipple covers for half of what the products would normally cost on their own if bought individually. The whole collection is packaged in a giant luxury box with windows numbered from 1-24 just like a normal advent calendar. Behind each door is a fun item to help couples ding dong merrily on high from December to Christmas Eve.
Artist Trevor Murphy has told how he made £200,000 in royalties by inventing a sex toy which makes you Sqweel with pleasure!
Trevor, 42, hit the jackpot with an invention which simulates oral sex with a rotating wheel of ten teasing tongues. He entered his design in a competition organised by sex toy retailer Lovehoney - and it quickly went into production after he won first prize.
From Trevor's plans they created the Sqweel which has been a smash-hit all over the world - featured in movies and was even demonstrated by Jay Leno on his hit American TV show.
Hundreds and thousands of Sqweels have been sold - and Trevor cashes in every time one is sold.