* Half of couples (52%) are happy with that duration but sex is over too soon for 23% of men and 15% of women;
* Couples make do with a 'quickie' 21% of the time they have sex;
* A shared orgasm, where both partners climax together, happens around a third of the time;
* Three-quarters of men (75%) climax almost every time they have sex compared to only 28% of women;
* Results are from a new survey of 4,400 people by Lovehoney, Britain's biggest online sex toy retailer, for its Mind The Gap campaign to help more couples achieve shared orgasms
The Bath Comedy Festival and Visit Bath are 'buzzing' after announcing their sponsorship collaboration with Lovehoney, the UK's largest online sex toy retailer.
Paul Merton, Barry Cryer and Arthur Smith are all appearing at the festival which kicks off on April Fools' Day (April 1) and runs for 17 days in venues all across the stunning, historic city.
Smith has described the annual celebration as the 'best comedy festival in England.'
Lovehoney has lots of rib-tickling surprises for festival goers, including a 'Butt of All Jokes' Twitter competition that offers a year's supply of lubricant and a unique dildo trophy to the winner.
The BBC has visited HQ and featured Lovehoney Co-Founder Richard Longhurst in 'CEO Secrets'.
The filmed content stayed in the five most watched clips on the site for 5 days.
To watch the clip, visit here.
The UK's most widely read newspaper has gone behind the scenes at Lovehoney's head office in Bath.
The Sun online is read by over 60 million people a month.
The Fifty Shades Darker official sex toy range has been featured on major US TV Station NBC in the US, on popular mainstream show Access Hollywood.
With an audience of over 5 million, the segment was hosted by Dana B. Myers - founder of Booty Parlor and an on-camera expert who discusses sex, relationships and sensual products.
Lovehoney, the online sex toy retailer, has seen sales of spreader bars rocket after the much anticipated Fifty Shades Darker was premiered at the end of last week.
Over the weekend prior to Valentine's Day, sales across Lovehoney's seven websites have increased by 221%.
Alice Little, Head of Online Trading, commented:
"We were beyond excited to see the film and we were all on tenterhooks to see what Christian was going to whip out this time round.
Marieclaire.co.uk, one of the UK's top consumer lifestyle titles, has covered 14 best sex toys for couples in the run up to Valentine's Day.
Featured are the Jimmyjane Hello Touch Powerful Finger Vibrator, The Sqweel GO, and the classic Tracey Cox Supersex Glass Dildo Set.
• Lovehoney sex survey shows a 'sex toy revolution'as Fifty Shades of Grey inspires a massive two-thirds of the UK to be more experimental between the sheets
• E L James partnered with Lovehoney, the UK's biggest online sex toy retailer
• We're more experimental than ever with spanking, rope play, and blindfolds the most popular scenarios Fifty Shades fans like to recreate at home
London - The UK's biggest and most famous sex toy store, Harmony on Oxford Street, has reported an uplift in footfall since the launch of their Fifty Shades Darker window display.
The display was designed in house by the Lovehoney team and the project was spearheaded by Laura Wood, Lovehoney Sales Consultant. Entitled 'Masquerade Ball' the scene depicts two mysterious figures dancing by the light of a chandelier.
The haunting scene is reminiscent of scenes from the soon-to-be-released Fifty Shades Darker movie.
A full cross-section of Lovehoney staff members were treated to front-row seats at the star-studded Sex Appeal 6 comedy evening in aid of Brook, the young people's sexual wellbeing charity.
Joining Lovehoney co-founder Richard Longhurst at London's Conway Hall on January 21 2017 were 18 lucky representatives of all sectors of the company, from the logistics and warehouse teams to the creative and sales departments.
This is the fifth time that Lovehoney has sponsored the annual fundraising event.
It continues an ongoing relationship with Brook that has also included the provision of some written content for the charity's comprehensive advice website, created by Lovehoney's team of sexual wellbeing experts.